Monday, May 12, 2014
i-Tree ECO Urban Forestry Summer Internships (6 positions!)
Job Purpose: This position will be working closely with the City of Dallas (Texas) to locate and collect field data as part of an i-Tree ECO study for the City of Dallas. This information will be used to quantify the eco-system service benefits of Dallas’s Urban Forest.
* Locate plot center using GPS and maps throughout the City of Dallas.
* Navigate through densely wooded areas and over rough terrain using only maps and GPS
* Collect field data on tree attributes and site information within one-tenth acre plots including:
o Species identification
o Diameter Breast Height (DBH) (inches)
o Height (feet)
o Crown spread (feet)
o Distance from plot center
o Other information as directed
Community Relations:* Ability to interact and cooperate with all Foundation employees and other interns
* Display commitment to the mission of the Texas Trees Foundation
* Proactively establishes and maintains effective working team relationships with all person
* Enrolled in a two or four year degree in Forestry, Urban Forestry, Horticulture or related discipline.
* Working knowledge of computers and GIS systems.
* Valid driver's license and good driving record.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Ability to work and hike in urban terrain and inclement weather.
* Ability to work independently.
* Applicants with education/experience specifically related to urban forestry and experience collecting data related to i-Tree ECO will be given higher consideration.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Director of Operations
Texas Trees Foundation
2100 Ross Avenue, Suite 855
Dallas, TX 75201