Saturday, October 27, 2012

Meet Corey Wahl, the new Howdy! Farm Technician:

If you haven't met Corey at the Howdy! Farm yet, you will soon.  Hailing from the Northwest, he's a great addition to the Howdy! Farm team.  His office is temporarily located on the 2nd floor in the HFSB and students can reach him by email at corey.wahl@tamu.edu Here's a little bit more about him:
'My name is Corey Wahl and I hold a Bachelors of Science in Horticulture, which I received at Washington State University. After I graduated I was promoted to Biological Science Technician with the USDA Agricultural Research Service in Washington State.  The main focus of my work was germplasm maintenance and conservation. My hobbies include cooking, playing guitar, photography, attending concerts and festivals, and writing.    I am very interested in organic and sustainable farming and feel very fortunate to be working with the Howdy Farm as it continues to grow.  My goal is to help the Howdy! Farm become a fully sustainable demonstration garden that provides education and inspiration to the university as well as the community.  Some of the specific sustainable practices I hope to integrate into the farm include: rainwater harvesting, no-till soil management, intensive raised bed gardening, compost production, and intercropping.'
Join us in saying, 'Howdy, Corey!'

No comments:

Post a Comment