Thursday, April 11, 2013
Applicants needed: 2 $7500 Scholarships from Syngenta
• Minimum GPA 3.0
• Enrollment in an accredited four-year university during the 2013- 2014 academic year
• Open to students pursuing an undergraduate or MS/Ph.D. degree
All applications will be judged by a panel consisting of Syngenta leaders as well as
industry representatives and professors.
• Scholarship recipients will be chosen and notified on June 28, 2013
• Scholarship recipients will be announced at the Syngenta Flowers booth at OFA (Ohio Florists Association) Short Course in Columbus, Ohio. Participants need not
be present to win.
• Cover letter detailing: ~ The scholarship for which the applicant wishes to be considered
~ The name of the university the applicant attends
~ Degree the applicant is working toward
~ Applicant’s target graduation date
~ Brief description of the applicant’s career aspirations after graduation
• Letter of recommendation on university letterhead from the applicant’s academic advisor or professor
• Essay of 1,000 – 1,500 words: ~ Topic: Syngenta’s mission statement is ‘Bringing Plant Potential to Life.’ Please describe what that means to you in relation to your career path.
• Please submit application materials via e-mail to: email@example.com • Application deadline: May 31, 2013