1. The Department of Horticultural Sciences cordially invites you to attend a Graduation Luncheon for Graduating Students and Faculty on Friday, May 10, 2013 from 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. in the Horticulture/Forest Science Building (HFSB) Room 224. This casual affair is intended to give everyone a chance to honor and celebrate all of your hard work. Please RSVP to Debbie Perez at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, May 6th if you plan to attend.
2. Each semester the Department invites undergraduate students who are graduating seniors to visit for a final exit interview. This allows your input in possible changes that strengthen our teaching program and the Department in general. Dr. Lineberger strongly encourages you to attend an exit interview where you can meet and frankly talk about your experience at Texas A&M. This semester, students will meet in a group on Wednesday, May 1st from 10:00-11:00 in HFSB 202. Please e-mail Debbie Perez at email@example.com if you plan to attend.
3. We also ask that undergraduate students who are graduating seniors to complete a Departmental questionnaire at http://tamuag.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_4JiDcwKe9KvDeOU
surveying your closing thoughts about your experience at TAMU. Dr. Lineberger had his HORT 481 class complete this survey for the class. If you were not in his 481 course, we ask you to complete this confidential final evaluation survey before May 10th . This information is extremely valuable to the Department.
4. If you are taking classes at Blinn this semester, make sure that you tell their administrative office that you are graduating this semester. If you do not, your grades will be posted after the graduation ceremony and your tube will be empty. Make sure to fill out the proper paperwork with Blinn. All grades should be received by Thursday, May 9th at noon.
5. Please have any remaining coursework from other schools transferred here as soon as possible. You will not be cleared for graduation until the Degree Audit Office, GSC suite 1501, receives all of your transcripts. Complete any incomplete “I” courses at TAMU. All grades should be received by Thursday, May 9th at noon.
6. Have you checked out the Graduation web site? It contains all the information you will need to graduate (cap and gown info., honors distinctions, line formation, etc.) The address is: http://graduation.tamu.edu/ If you did not preorder a cap and gown, you can still stop by the Texas A&M campus Barnes & Nobles in the MSC to purchase them.